Delaware: Dravo, US Navy, others 1944. A collection of seventy-five 10 x 7 3/4 inch photographs in a post bound binder with card cover. Card cover is in tatters with small paper label noting "Progress Photographs LSM". Rear card cover perished. Overall condition of the images varies, with many clean, but a fair number with some staining from dirt and/or water (no loss of surface image emulsions, just surface dirt) but always retaining the image "message". The collection is numbered in several sections as follows. Numbers 1-6 (hand marked numbers in the negative, marked U.S.N. Confidential in the negative, and stamped Sanborn Studio Wil 1. Del on rear); 7-15 (hand marked numbers in the negative, marked U.S.N. Confidential in the negative, blank on rear); 18-21, 23-39, 41-43, 45-47, 50-66, 49, 67-73 (typed in the lower negative with "NEG. No." by company DRAVO, under contract Dravo W-1539, April 2, 1944, LSM #201); 907, 909, 918 (typed in lower negative LSM #201 "NEG. No." by company DRAVO, under contract Dravo W-1539 ,3/30/44,3/30/44, and 4/6/44); and finally five images slightly larger than the others typed in negative "completion photos of LSM 233 July 27, 1944" by "Dick Whittington" Good. 
"Landing Ship Medium were amphibious assault ships of the United States Navy in World War II. Of comparable size to Landing Ship, Tank and the Landing Craft Infantry, there were 558 LSM (Landing Ship, Medium) made for the USN between 1944 and 1945. The majority of vessels built on this versatile frame were regular transports however there were several dozen that were converted during construction for specialized roles. Most vessels of this type were scrapped during the Cold War, but several were sold by the United States Department of Defense to foreign nations or private shipping companies. One LSM, USS LSM-45, survived in its original configuration until around 2010. It was in storage at Marine Station Camp Lejeune in Jacksonville, NC. It was slated to become the centerpiece of the Museum of the Marine, but due to changed plans was scrapped between 2010 and 2014. " "Dravo Corporation was a shipbuilding company with shipyards in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania and Wilmington, Delaware. It was founded by Frank and Ralph Dravo in Pittsburgh in 1891. The corporation went public in 1936 and in 1998 was bought out by Carmeuse for $192 million ($301.2 million today). On March 5, 1942 it became the first corporation to receive the Army-Navy "E" Award for outstanding war time production. Dravo ranked 72nd among United States corporations in the value of World War II military production contracts." (wikipedia)
Wikipedia has a list of 90 pages of Dravo's output, many of which are LSTs (Landing Ship Tanks). It includes a few LSMs (Landing Ship Mediums) but not the ones documented in this collection.
The images are fascinating - the first 12 appear to be laying down the hull of the ships, the balance mostly to interior fittings after construction including water fountains, stills, radar unit, fire station, crew quarters, bow door machinery, wheel house, to a few final "in water" images. A very nice collection and worthwhile for study of these essential ships used during World War II.